Schools and learning for the 21st century
WCAL has developed advanced curriculum
and assessment resources for schools in Saudi Arabia.
These materials cover mathematics, science, English
and ICT. WCAL works for the King Abdulaziz and his Companions
Foundation for Giftedness and Creativity. The Foundation
is a charitable, educational organisation with 50+ member-schools.
The Foundation's mission is to revitalise academic study
in the Kingdom, focusing especially on mathematics and
science, as well as fostering creativity, entrepreneurial
skill and social endeavour. The aim is to develop future
generations of social, political, economic and intellectual
leaders. Probably the most high profile educational
reform programme in the region, the programme is designed
to get students to think creatively and to develop interest
and passion in learning.
learning communities for teachers, using Moodle
- Text-books for students aged 8-18
years, covering mathematics, science, English and
- Supportive teachers’ guides to assist teachers in implementing these advanced materials within the classroom
- E-learning activities for students
- Classroom materials for formative
- Summative tests
- A comprehensive programme of face-to-face